anyone heard more about the Langley situation?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Blaiz
Pelagic

anyone heard more about the Langley situation?

Post by Blaiz »

I had forgotten about this woman interviewing me, and I don't get the paper. Has anyone heard anything about how the vote mentioned went?

http://www.whidbeyexaminer.com/main.asp ... cleID=4931
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
whatevah
Aquanaut

Re: anyone heard more about the Langley situation?

Post by whatevah »

I hadn't heard anything more about this Kriss, but a bunch of us went to the public meeting about this project when the plans were first made available. Have to say that at the time it looked a little bit ambitious and I wondered whether it would really make financial sense in the long term. Since then the economic environment has definitely changed for the worse.
“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” -- John Muir
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

yeah i've read some about when that first became a public meeting/issue type thing, but this article (and vote) was just last month.
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Man a whole generation of divers is going to be born and died before the Port of Langley does anything. I've been hearing about their "plans" since 1996(?)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.