Redondo 7/15

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Redondo 7/15

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
DLH and I went diving at Redondo last night. Viz was stellar! Highlights of the dive included lots of brittle stars (I don't know if those are frequently seen at redondo, let me know!), lots of squid eggs, a school of opal squid, a stubby squid, an octo, and egg yolk jellies. I only got one shot of the opal squid, as they darted off after my first strobe burst!
DSC_9747.jpg
DSC_9746.jpg
DSC_9731.jpg
DSC_9721.jpg
DSC_9706.jpg
DSC_9696.jpg
DSC_9685.jpg
DSC_9679.jpg
DSC_9665.jpg
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Re: Redondo 7/15

Post by Zen Diver »

Nice shots! Brittle stars are not uncommon at Redondo, particularly at night, but they are nonetheless cool critters. Redondo is still my favorite night dive spot :partydance:
dlh
Submariner

Re: Redondo 7/15

Post by dlh »

YellowEye and I had a great time at Redondo, and it was a first time at this site for me. Conditions were pretty good, with vis between 10 - 20 feet most of the time. Really warm too, with temps in the top 20' of about 60f!

YellowEye shot macro, but I did wide and CFWA so we got some variety. Here are my favorites from the night:

Slideshow:
YellowEye and Egg Yolk Jelly
YellowEye and Egg Yolk Jelly
Egg Yolk Jelly
Egg Yolk Jelly
Stubby Squid
Stubby Squid
Stubby closeup
Stubby closeup
Stubby Swimming
Stubby Swimming
Dave