Janna's photo used by the Seattle Times.

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
renoun
I've Got Gills

Janna's photo used by the Seattle Times.

Post by renoun »

The Seattle Times has an article about the a report on the Hood Canal low oxygen events that they are illistrating with a photo Janna took of a wolf eel. You can read the article here and it links to the DOE/EPA report too.
screen.jpg
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Janna's photo used by the Seattle Times.

Post by H20doctor »

I saw that paper today at mcdonalds.. Congrats.. janna
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

renoun wrote:The Seattle Times has an article about the a report on the Hood Canal low oxygen events that they are illistrating with a photo Janna took of a wolf eel....
Congrats Janna!
:partydance: :partydance: :partydance:
:supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:
:taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco:
(btw, I noticed there was another picture of yours in the continued section as well!)
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

And a great shot it is too!

Well deserved Janna! WTG :joshsmith:
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Thank you all! I think it's a pretty bleak looking photo - I've got WAY better wolfie pics, but that's the one they wanted to use. They also used a photo of schooling rockfish - and you can see it on the online version of the article, don't know if it made the print version of the paper - but in any case the photo they selected has tons of backscatter and the fish are all swimming away from me. NOT the photo I'd pick as the best - but that's what they wanted I guess!

But still - VERY COOL and it made my day!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Congratulations Janna!
Great photo. It is good to see Puget Sound critter on the front page instead of a car wreck or burned down house.
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
dphershman
Aquanaut

Post by dphershman »

Jan K wrote:Congratulations Janna!
Great photo. It is good to see Puget Sound critter on the front page instead of a car wreck or burned down house.

I agree. Nice to see our favorite critters featured in the local media for a change. A sign perhaps that the public is becoming a bit more aware of the importance of the sound. The most frequent question I get when I tell people I dive in the sound is 'is there anything to see down there?'

Dan
Dan Hershman :smt024