Mukilteo state park 11/17

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Mukilteo state park 11/17

Post by H20doctor »

slack is at around 345 ... i m going to film and take pics of creatures in the large eel grass Beds here..
there should be a lot of hooded Nudis, maybe even thousands of them.. I will b down there at 3 pm for gearing up..
Id like to invite other divers and photogs to join me..
this is a very current site and the dive will prob be a short one.. if you want to you could also drop down to the clay wall, and then spend the rest of the dive in the shallows..
Last edited by H20doctor on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Mukilteo state park 11/17

Post by Nwbrewer »

Are you sure about that plan Doc? I've been blown down south and had to walk back on a day like that.

http://vhost4.dairiki.org/tides/daily.p ... 2012-11-17

An afternoon dive may work better. Just my opinion.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Ok.. I changed it to the afternoon tide.. Thanks jake..
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

1630 splash at the T-Dock.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

No silly head, state park
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

There are a bunch of hooded nudi's in the grass, at least there were last week.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

H20doctor wrote:No silly head, state park
You better not be late.
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

I want to but not sure if my work schedule will allow. :eek:
I know what your thinking but I went back to Wells dam today and they have a schedule that starts commissioning the second week of December. If my partner and I get far enough ahead by the end of the day Friday I think I can swing it. When it rains it pours!
Since your planning on taking pics does that mean I can't touch the bottom? :smt064

Stay tuned........ :popcorn:
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

sure thing ... silt away, Not sure as the sun will b around at 430 , but i have lights so it will be a night dive at the state park.. AND TOM , this is for saturday, not wed .. look at the date
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

:rofl: ^
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

And don't park by the silver cloud if you're diving lighthouse. That's a bit of a walk. TOM.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

and dont eat yellow snow.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

H20doctor wrote:sure thing ... silt away, Not sure as the sun will b around at 430 , but i have lights so it will be a night dive at the state park.. AND TOM , this is for saturday, not wed .. look at the date
That's what happens when you don't answer my texts many hours before the dive. Mr. indecisive! :boxer: Aren't you happy we waited for you like a celebrity last night? :notworthy: :smt064
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Emilyrc wrote:And don't park by the silver cloud if you're diving lighthouse. That's a bit of a walk. TOM.
That's it! Next time I dive with you, I will be like a torpedo. :neener:
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

I received permission from the GF so the last hurdle is work. If tomorrow goes as well as today did I'm in! :supz: Might do a first dive at the T dock to check out the buoy issue on the deep boat. I have heard a lot of chatter about what is still there and isn't on the Evergreen Dive Service page.
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Mateo1147 wrote:I received permission from the GF so the last hurdle is work. If tomorrow goes as well as today did I'm in! :supz: Might do a first dive at the T dock to check out the buoy issue on the deep boat. I have heard a lot of chatter about what is still there and isn't on the Evergreen Dive Service page.
That will be a good one to check Matt. The buoy with flag wasn't there on top, but a good point to check if the line is still there (at least some of it). I would assume a lot of the line is still there, especially the second half of it, knowing that it is tied up to a very heavy block.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

I found the buoy last week in the deep spot between the boat and the troll. the line was parted from the bottom of it and it was laying on it's side. I towed it back toward the exit, but at about 50 feet it started getting buoyant again and I couldn't go with it so I had to let it go. When I got to the surface, it was dead calm on top but the buoy was nowhere to be found.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Paulicarp wrote:I found the buoy last week in the deep spot between the boat and the troll. the line was parted from the bottom of it and it was laying on it's side. I towed it back toward the exit, but at about 50 feet it started getting buoyant again and I couldn't go with it so I had to let it go. When I got to the surface, it was dead calm on top but the buoy was nowhere to be found.
At least we know it's still in the vicinity (we hope). Also, a piece of advice to inexperienced divers wanting to retrieve the buoy, please DON'T, unless you have very experienced divers with you retreiving it. Pauli is a very experienced diver, and even so, he had some problem.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Hey Doc, now your thread has just been hijacked. :)
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

If you're still planning on an afternoon diver, I MAY be able to make it. I have a volunteer obligation to take care if, but if I don't run late, I would live to dive the wall/lighthouse park.

Tom, I will silt you out so bad....
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

coulterboy wrote:
Paulicarp wrote:I found the buoy last week in the deep spot between the boat and the troll. the line was parted from the bottom of it and it was laying on it's side. I towed it back toward the exit, but at about 50 feet it started getting buoyant again and I couldn't go with it so I had to let it go. When I got to the surface, it was dead calm on top but the buoy was nowhere to be found.
At least we know it's still in the vicinity (we hope). Also, a piece of advice to inexperienced divers wanting to retrieve the buoy, please DON'T, unless you have very experienced divers with you retreiving it. Pauli is a very experienced diver, and even so, he had some problem.
That's good advice, Tom. (except the part about me being "very experienced") Just because I did what I did doesn't mean that it was a good idea for me or anyone to attempt. I'd rather not disect my dive on the board. But if I had attempted to hold on to it I would have risked an uncontrolled and possibly very dangerous ascent. Letting it go was the right thing to do, and that seems obvious to me. But I can see that an uninformed diver might have tried to stay with it and that could possibly be a fatal mistake. The best advice is to know your limitations (certification and otherwise) and dive within them.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

well if the Buoy made it to the surface , then its most likely floated away in the current... But how did it sink in the first place ? thats what threw us all into question mode... that thing was chain . thick chain.. bummer
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Paulicarp wrote:
coulterboy wrote:
That's good advice, Tom. (except the part about me being "very experienced") Just because I did what I did doesn't mean that it was a good idea for me or anyone to attempt. I'd rather not disect my dive on the board. But if I had attempted to hold on to it I would have risked an uncontrolled and possibly very dangerous ascent. Letting it go was the right thing to do, and that seems obvious to me. But I can see that an uninformed diver might have tried to stay with it and that could possibly be a fatal mistake. The best advice is to know your limitations (certification and otherwise) and dive within them.
you could have put your spool on the line , and towed it in ... smb spool, we did that to chads anchor in florida and floated the line to the surface..my 2 psi :luv:
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

woulda, shoulda, coulda. It was negative and i didn't expect it to change. By the time it changed, I didn't have time to put my smb on it, deeper, my spool wouldn't have had enough line anyway. It was totally calm on the surface, with no current and I surfaced scooted for 20 min looking and couldn't find it on top. My guess is that it gave up whatever gas was making it buoyant and it fell back down somewhere near by.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Lol , no worries.. I will call mike and see if he knows