WWW - 12/12/12

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

WWW - 12/12/12

Post by Mortuus »

In case you dont know what this is, here is a link with an explanation: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17214#p199333

In short, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, but this event is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive with us, regardless of skill, background, etc. Yes, that means we do not require you to drink any kool-aid whether it be metaphorical or otherwise!
Need a "big buddy" diver? We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge! Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a camera, bp/w, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash
Dive 2 - 6:30 to 7 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site!

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

Come on down and join us for diving! We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards. Lately it has been at Marination (modern Indo-Pacific), but we are also known to go to The Matador ("upscale" Mexican food) or Luna Park (50's style diner). So bring an empty stomach and a fresh liver!
Fjolsen
Just Settling In

Re: WWW - 12/12/12

Post by Fjolsen »

Wait, so is www for sale? :smt064
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Im there for dive 2 and 3 :)

And I'll be kicking this one!!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Fjolsen wrote:Wait, so is www for sale? :smt064
Ah what the hell... How did this get here. MODS!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

FIXT
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

I'm in for the 2nd dive.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I WILL BE THERE THIS WEEK.

I WILL BE THERE THIS WEEK

I WILL BE THERE THIS WEEK.

(Caveat -- any job opportunities will trump diving, unfortunately . . . )
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

I always forget to RSVP my own topics... Not sure if I will be there. Depends on how quickly Sports gets my new neck seal put on. I dropped it off today, so....maybe?
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

Dylan....
Gorilla tape!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

BTW, for anybody reading this . . . I will be there in a single tank, without a buddy, without a scooter, and with a camera. Hoping there will be somebody similar to dive with!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Sports will not have my neck seal done in time, so I wont be diving. Ill show up for food though since I need fills from Mark
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

LCF wrote:BTW, for anybody reading this . . . I will be there in a single tank, without a buddy, without a scooter, and with a camera. Hoping there will be somebody similar to dive with!
Lynne, I'm your huckleberry.
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

Will be there for dive 2 with Scoot!!!
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
CBFin
Just Settling In

Post by CBFin »

I'll be there for the second dive. Unless someone needs a kicker buddy, maybe I can tag along with Lynne and Jeremy. I like to take may time anyway and am more than happy to critter spot for photographers.
-Chris
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.
- Baba Dioum
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

If anyone would like to try a set of doubles tonight, mine are available.
Maxtrax
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Maxtrax »

I'm in for dive 2 with a scoot and dive 1 kicking if anyone else will be there.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Maxtrax wrote:I'm in for dive 2 with a scoot and dive 1 kicking if anyone else will be there.
Nice diving with you today Max.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Great dive with Serge! We managed a perfect combination of skills practice, critter spotting, and photography. And the critters were out in force, including two little red octos (haven't seen one there in quite a while) and several gorgeous nudibranchs. I even got a (sort of) photo of a gorgeous sea gooseberry! Thank you, Serge, for being a great photographer's buddy, and very patient with my attempts to get THE picture of the little octo :)

RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Great photos, Lynne!

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Thanks, Jim. I need to resize my pictures for this board -- they post fine on others, but they're too big for this one.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Very nice Lynne. And way to acknowledge a patient dive buddy. When I buddy with non photographers, I feel bad when I camp out on a critter. It can get cold/boring watching someone else take pictures.
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

Scubie Doo wrote:Very nice Lynne. And way to acknowledge a patient dive buddy. When I buddy with non photographers, I feel bad when I camp out on a critter. It can get cold/boring watching someone else take pictures.
Thats why all of a sudden a random slit cloud appers. Much like the rouge wave :angelblue:
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

LCF wrote:Thanks, Jim. I need to resize my pictures for this board -- they post fine on others, but they're too big for this one.
yeah - you have to resize them to a max of 800 pixels width for proper display, or else the forum's code crops them off on the right side... There is an alternative method of posting them that avoids that, but it's more labor intensive (in my mind) than just resizing the pics outside the forum and posting them...

Had a lengthy discussion about it a while back (http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17415) in the tech support forum.

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Well, the weird thing is that I have them set for a maximum dimension of 700 pixels, and they still don't post right.

I try not to be "that guy" and settle down for ten minutes on a single subject. But sometimes, like last night, the subject is busy being amazingly photogenic, and as Scott Lundy says in his photo workshops, "Shoot the good stuff!"