Bahamas

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Bahamas

Post by Dusty2 »

Probably one of the best sidemount divers ever. This guy is my idol when it comes to buoyancy control and finesse and this is my idea of a gorgeous cave system.
phpBB [video]
60south
Pelagic

Re: Bahamas

Post by 60south »

Awesome!

I used to work with Brian Kakuk in the Bahamas when sidemount techniques were just being developed. Glad to see he's still at it!
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Dusty2 wrote:Probably one of the best sidemount divers ever. This guy is my idol when it comes to buoyancy control and finesse and this is my idea of a gorgeous cave system.
phpBB [video]
+1 :supz:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Which system is this? It's beautiful.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I believe that it's a "Razor" system.

And, by the way, if you go all the way to the credits at the end you'll see that it isn't Brian in the video. Probably one of his buddies, though, I'd bet!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

That's Steve Bogarts, pioneer of the Razor sidemount rig:

http://www.gosidemount.com/
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Not Brian, Steven is so awesome in the water. I have watched several of his videos and the guy is off the hook! It was him that got me interested in side mount.
phpBB [video]
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

:) I'm familiar with the Razor system. I have a Stealth 2.0 myself, and prefer it for cold water. I was asking about the cave system. It looks like a Mexican Cenote, but the thread title says Bahamas.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Steve was recently in Abaco doing a Razor instructor course for Brian.

Steve Bogaerts is one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen in the water. Check out his video "Reflections", and also his wreck diving video where he starts the whole thing doing "aquabatics".
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Some of the delicate, flower-like formations in that first video are simply breathtaking!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Dusty did you ever put a SM rig together?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Nwbrewer wrote:Dusty did you ever put a SM rig together?
Sorta but I haven't tried it.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I watched some video on NOVA on Youtube last night and it was about diving in the Bahamas blue holes. Really technical and dangerous stuff' but they looked very similar to these caves.