More cool critters

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Chenari
Dive-aholic

More cool critters

Post by Chenari »

A single Yellow Spotted Cadlina, Cadlina Flavomaculata, found at Point Lobos. It was probably about two inches long.

Several Hilton's Aeolid's, Phidiona Hiltoni, also found at Point Lobos. They averaged around 2 inches I think.

Three Monkeyfaced Eels, Cebidichthys Violaceus, Found in various places around the Monterey Bay Area. One of which, the one in the lower left, was inside a pipe in around 15 fsw. It's a miracle that I got the shot so clearly because there was surf tossing us back and forth so badly that I actually had to wedge my knees between two spaces in a couple rocks just to stay still enough for a focus. I only got the one shot, as he moved to where we couldn't see his face afterwards. You can imagine how relieved I was when I saw that the picture came out perfect. :)

Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great Shots! Thanks for sharing!

-Tom Nic
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman