Never thought of this one

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Scott
Avid Diver

Never thought of this one

Post by Scott »

I was approached a couple of days ago by a person who thinks they would like to take an OW course but have some concerns about their teeth- the false ones. Apparently they have a full upper and partial lower and are worried that they will either break them or worse, lose them. Does anyone out there have any experience that could help me put these fears to rest?

Thanks for the help,

Scott
Nootka Sound- probably the best kept secret on the west coast
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Re: Never thought of this one

Post by Jan K »

I lost lot of my teeth in a boating accident forty years ago. I got upper and lower dentures, now thousands of dives later I still don't let that to keep me from diving. Tell you friend to go ahead and enjoy what diving has to offer.. :salute:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hmmm.... lends interesting visual images to your buddy ripping your reg out of your mouth in an OOA situation! Now THAT'S a subject for a cartoon Jan! ...If I'm not being too impertinent :violent1:

[Tom sits back and contemplates his future leadership (30 years or so out) of GDWTD!] - (Geriatric Denture Wearing Tech-Divers) :axe:

Thanks for sharing Jan!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Makes me wonder if the DAN insurance would cover the loss.......
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

If you have their premier coverage it just about covers any accident, on the water or not.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Scott
Avid Diver

Post by Scott »

Jan K wrote:I lost lot of my teeth in a boating accident forty years ago. I got upper and lower dentures, now thousands of dives later I still don't let that to keep me from diving. Tell you friend to go ahead and enjoy what diving has to offer.. :salute:
Thanks for the note. I'll let her know!

Scott
Scott
Avid Diver

Post by Scott »

Tom Nic wrote:If you have their premier coverage it just about covers any accident, on the water or not.
Might be a way to get some new teeth. :bounce:
fpoole
Avid Diver

Post by fpoole »

Yah, I had my 4 front uppers remove and temporarily replaced with a bridge..
Was concerned about the reg too... pulling them out... but found not a problem, in fact the bite grip is on the back side teeth... no pressure on the front four... so far so good...

I'll just turn my head when my buddy starts to grab for my reg... (just joking here), my buddy is the "Beast" the camera...

See you next week Scott... with ADU Barb and Ron...
Looking forward to Nootka..
Frank Poole
ORV-RZR 1k & Hiking
Camping & Shooting(photos)
in the Great Nor’West

http://www.poolesweb.com/