Diving Wednesday or Thursday Mukilteo

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Diving Wednesday or Thursday Mukilteo

Post by Nwbrewer »

Anybody up for a dive at mukilteo wednesday or thursday afternoon? Any of the newer divers looking to go do a dive?

Jake
jeff98208
Aquanaut

mukilteo

Post by jeff98208 »

hi jake i'm game for a dive at mukilteo on thursday afternoon. i'm available between 12:00 - 3:30. and will it be a 1 tank or 2 tank dive?
talk to you later.

good day!
jeff
:supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I was thinking just doing a one tank, but I'm not off work until around 4:00 unfortunately.

I think I dove with you at mukilteo once before. Any chance of making it later in the day?

Jake
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I'd probably be up for diving Tursday PM at Mukilteo- say, 5:30?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

5:30 works for me. Probably the T-dock as the tides don't look favorable for doing the park. Anybody else?

Jake
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Sent you a PM, Brewer- looking forward to meeting you!

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

I could attend. I'm recovering from a strained rotator cuff and it depends on my pain threshold by then... [-X
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I'm OK with a three man team, but I know some folks aren't comfortable with it. Nailer?

Jake
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I'd be OK with that.

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I might meet you guys for a second dive (if you're planning one) tomorrow.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I would defenitely be down for two dives.

jeff98208
Aquanaut

t docks

Post by jeff98208 »

i have to take my children to swimming lessons at 4pm, but if calvin and any oneelse is up for a second dive i'll be availabe at 7:30 or 8:00 in the pm.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I was planning on making this dive. Unfortunatly I cant make, I'm gonna go to the wing dome!! :supz: Its a good freind of mines birthday he taught me how to scuba dive.. =D>
Who run barter town?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

DiverDown wrote:Its a good freind of mines birthday he taught me how to scuba dive.. =D>
.... Then shouldn't you be taking him to the AquaDome instead of the Wingdome?! #-o

I can be there by about 7 or so. I talked to Cuppie too and she might come for a dive.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I'm only good for one tank tonight, but I look forward to meeting you guys doing second shift on my way out!

Jakw
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I have a small glitch in my schedule- I may be a wee bit late this afternoon- I just don't know quite yet. I have to stay late to meet an appliance tech, and may have to stick around and help him for a while- I'll call you as soon as I get it figured out, NW Brewer.

Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

I'll be there between 5-6 if anybody there then.

Brown Ford 4x4 truck looking for close-in parking!

425-478-6334
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sounds good Sasquatch. I should be down there a little before 5:00. (Just have to drive down the hill to get there.) Nailer, let me know when you figure out your schedule and we'll work something out. Sounds like if nothing else I'll get to meet a few folks!

Jake
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah, I'll call you, Brewer- right now, it's not looking too good, I may be there 6:30 or so, but I just don't know until the truck gets here. Looks like you got some dive buddies at any rate! :partyman: I'll try and make it there on time.

Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

No worries Nailer, there's always another day to dive if you can't make it.

I'd like to try and get a weekly dive set up in the north end similar to what you all do at Alki. While I love diving Cove 2, it's a pain in the rear to get down there after work, especially when it's a 5 minute drive to Mukilteo.

Anybody else think this is a good idea? Maybe I should start a new thread for this?

Jake
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I think setting up a weekly NWDC Club Dive North is a terrific idea. I'm aiming for 6:30ish too. I've got 2 tanks but I need to make this one a bit quick, since I have an early morning tomorrow.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

DiverDown was talking about setting up a NWDC North dive on Wednesdays. That would be cool. If you want to start filling out the paperwork, you could make a petition before the next meeting of the NWDC Parlimentary Council to create a commission to study the feasabilty of creating a panel to study the request............. :bounce:

Just kidding, I think having multiple "club dive days" is a great idea! More diving and more options for everybody!

Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

No can do diving today.

Traveling to places other than Alki during the week is fine with me, but traffic will suck getting to wherever. If doing Mukilteo, might as well try south too, like Redondo!

Have fun!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Well, Squatch and I had a good dive last night. Vis wasn't the best, but not EUP bad. I learned how to launch wine bottles from depth, and got to practice some search and recovery techniques. #-o

It was good to meet some of you guys and put some faces with screen names. Next time, maybe we'll dive the park. :salute:

Jake
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Yeah, it was good seeing Nailer, Calvin and NWBrewer at Mukilteo last night. Though I've actually managed a certain amount of grace when I dive it wasn't happening last night! ](*,)

I want to publicly thank Jake (NWBrewer) for being a great buddy. It was a fun dive with the possible exception of our recovery issue, (my fin, I wondered why I was swimming in circles!). I wished we'd stopped for a beer but next time we will! :partyman:

Dave "Sasquatch" Smith

Author of "How To Impress a New Dive Buddy in 25 Minutes or Less" :book:

Sea ya!
Last edited by Sasquatch on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.