What's your avatar?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Edge
Frequent Bubbler

What's your avatar?

Post by Edge »

There are many interesting avatars out there, and I wonder how they originated.

My avatar is courtesy of SLundy. It's a beautiful photo, and also likely the last time I will have the privilege of diving at the Edmonds Oil Dock.

So, what is your avatar?
"Helium doesn't reduce stupidity" Fishstiq

http://www.frogkickdiving.com
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: What's your avatar?

Post by Sounder »

Bob Lew took this picture of me at Day Island Wall.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Edge
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Edge »

That wolf eel looks like he's laughing...I mean...smiling at you! :evil4:

Edge
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Edge »

I think your next avatar should be "Baby Turbo" in his backplate and wing!

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

My avatar is something created by Joe Talavera, to combat the image that DIR divers are all arrogant snots. It got tons of laughs at Ginnie Springs; everybody there wanted to have one of the T-shirts with that logo.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Edge, that's an AWESOME looking picture/avatar. I love it.

Hopefully my avatar is self explanatory. Dive = fun.

My avatar on DiveMatrix where my NWDC vu meter won't fit without making it too small to read

Avatar I created in response to Georgia's thread about weird diving dreams. I had a dream I had anemone tentacles in place of hair. In the dream I was rock'n it and proud (which is funny if you know me. In real life I'm pretty conservative/introvert).

I'll spare you all the non-diving avatars I use[d] on other lesser boards. :evil4:

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Edge wrote:That wolf eel looks like he's laughing...I mean...smiling at you! :evil4:
Probably a bit of both.
Edge wrote:I think your next avatar should be "Baby Turbo" in his backplate and wing!
This will probably be arranged sometime soon. He's been a little screamer lately but maybe we can finally get him into his new DSS back plate and in the dive simulator tomorrow.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder took this picture of me in Bonaire on the Hilma Hooker! :supz: ...'nuff said!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

Mine is a photo of a stained glass mosaic that I made and that is hanging in my house.....
Jenn
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

Mine is basic - ly missing.

It's me in my invisibility suit.
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

smike wrote:It's me in my invisibility suit.
We can see your bubbles. :evil4:

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

airsix wrote: We can see your bubbles. :evil4:
-Ben
Doggone - I was afraid it wasn't working #-o
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

My avatar photo was taken by John Rawlings on Browning Wall. It's one of my favorites. Others I have used generally coincide with my mood, or my attempt at influencing the moods of others. :evil4:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:My avatar photo was taken by John Rawlings on Browning Wall. It's one of my favorites. Others I have used generally coincide with my mood, or my attempt at influencing the moods of others. :evil4:
SILENCE!! I KILL YOU!!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Mine was taken by Bones (with my camera) on a dive we did in Lake Crescent a couple months ago ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

i change mine often but the current one is what the back of my truck usually looks like getting ready for a dive :supz:
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Mine's a picture Penopolypants took of me on my birthday this year at EUP/BHUT. So much rock it takes 2 hands! :supz:
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

I tend to use this self deprecating avatar... certified internet DIR diver about sums me up ;)

I'm less UTD and more like UBP (Unified Board Poster)

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

alaska king crab finally found on our (bassman) last dive in Alaska last feb.08

my third was a "reverse" ice dive in clear lake in feb.07

my second was my first wolf eel seen at the winter club dive weekend 06
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

scottsax wrote:Mine's a picture Penopolypants took of me on my birthday this year at EUP/BHUT. So much rock it takes 2 hands! :supz:
That was an awesome dive!

Mine is a random pic found on another group I'm a member of, called wtf_nature. It makes me giggle. What else could I do?

Jeanna, I love the new avatar! Scott is quite the photographer! (Two of his photos won 1st and 2nd place at this year's photo contest for the UWS dive fair. Pretty cool.)

Ben, if you ever recycle icons, I loved the anemone one.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Penopolypants wrote: Mine is a random pic found on another group I'm a member of, called wtf_nature. It makes me giggle. What else could I do?
I thought you took that ... I saw Stumpy (the one-legged seagull) attempt to swallow a sea star once at Cove 2 ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Grateful Diver wrote:
Penopolypants wrote: Mine is a random pic found on another group I'm a member of, called wtf_nature. It makes me giggle. What else could I do?
I thought you took that ... I saw Stumpy (the one-legged seagull) attempt to swallow a sea star once at Cove 2 ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Nope, but I thought of that too when I saw this picture.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Mine is of me running Husum Falls on the White Salmon River. People always joke that i never paddle when on the river, so it is kinda fun to pretend I can get air off a rapid without even paddling. I remember the years I used to run this topless as part of our "HUSUM HUCK" event. To Huck is to literally "huck your meat" or in otherwords...throw. Those topless days ended when I accidentally ran Husum backwards. And then landed underwater. That sucked. Did I mention the WHite Salmon River is made up a glacial melt?!?! I no longer needed a bra after that event!
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

oregondiver wrote:Mine is of me running Husum Falls on the White Salmon River. People always joke that i never paddle when on the river, so it is kinda fun to pretend I can get air off a rapid without even paddling. I remember the years I used to run this topless as part of our "HUSUM HUCK" event. To Huck is to literally "huck your meat" or in otherwords...throw. Those topless days ended when I accidentally ran Husum backwards. And then landed underwater. That sucked. Did I mention the WHite Salmon River is made up a glacial melt?!?! I no longer needed a bra after that event!
I don't believe you. I think you're lying. :evil4:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Sounder wrote:
oregondiver wrote:Mine is of me running Husum Falls on the White Salmon River. People always joke that i never paddle when on the river, so it is kinda fun to pretend I can get air off a rapid without even paddling. I remember the years I used to run this topless as part of our "HUSUM HUCK" event. To Huck is to literally "huck your meat" or in otherwords...throw. Those topless days ended when I accidentally ran Husum backwards. And then landed underwater. That sucked. Did I mention the WHite Salmon River is made up a glacial melt?!?! I no longer needed a bra after that event!
I don't believe you. I think you're lying. :evil4:
Nope, uh ah, not going to believe you. A topless woman in a kayak? No way I believe that a woman would go topless in a kayak. :evil4:

Spatman? NWBrewer? Pez? Fishstiq? Does anyone believe here?