CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Re: CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Post by Jenbowes »

SWEEEEEEET! I believe that Matt and I will arrive around 10:00 - time enough to woot woot, suit up, and splash!

Sungurl, I hope that I can still pose in the "dry suit pic", even though I'll still be wet.

I mean...I now OWN a dry suit, at least!

Shazam!

BTW, I believe we'll be sharing monkey bread, which sounds disturbing, but tastes delicious!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Jenbowes wrote:SWEEEEEEET! I believe that Matt and I will arrive around 10:00 - time enough to woot woot, suit up, and splash!

Sungurl, I hope that I can still pose in the "dry suit pic", even though I'll still be wet.

I mean...I now OWN a dry suit, at least!

Shazam!

BTW, I believe we'll be sharing monkey bread, which sounds disturbing, but tastes delicious!
You definitley can still pose in the piccie since you meet the criteria now- a new drysuit owner :partydance: whoohooo for you.... :clap:
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Sounder wrote:
We'll get you hooked up with a rock-solid "big buddy." Big buddies are something we are always happy to coordinate for new divers, or those who want to learn something new from a mentor type. If anyone else wants to dive with a "big buddy," just let someone know and they'll route to the right folks. Big buddies will take you out for a fun dive, within your comfort level, and you'll probably learn something along the way too.
Is a Big buddy anything like the big brother/big sister club??
I think it will be fun to meet up with other divers and learn from them.....especially those that can give tips and tricks to a newbie :) I'll be the sponge of the sound on Saturday, lol...soaking up everyone's tips I possibly can.... :rofl:
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

I will be diving dry for the uhh 3rd time? I dunno if edmonds counts...or the pool...but I'm looking forward to putting names to faces...are we gonna have name tags cuz I suck at remembering names...I'd forget mine if it wasn't for it being stenciled into my underwear lol
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Dashrynn wrote:are we gonna have name tags cuz I suck at remembering names...I'd forget mine if it wasn't for it being stenciled into my underwear lol
yeah, sometimes i miss living with my mom, too. :smt064
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

spatman wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:are we gonna have name tags cuz I suck at remembering names...I'd forget mine if it wasn't for it being stenciled into my underwear lol
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Snap
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

spatman wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh my...that was tooooooo funny
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
=D>

:rofl: :hah:
sungurl wrote:
Sounder wrote:
We'll get you hooked up with a rock-solid "big buddy." Big buddies are something we are always happy to coordinate for new divers, or those who want to learn something new from a mentor type. If anyone else wants to dive with a "big buddy," just let someone know and they'll route to the right folks. Big buddies will take you out for a fun dive, within your comfort level, and you'll probably learn something along the way too.
Is a Big buddy anything like the big brother/big sister club??
I think it will be fun to meet up with other divers and learn from them.....especially those that can give tips and tricks to a newbie :) I'll be the sponge of the sound on Saturday, lol...soaking up everyone's tips I possibly can.... :rofl:
Sort of, but more informal. Generally there are many kinds of divers with many different experience levels. Being new, it's hard to tell who is who... and that's where we can help. We'll get you hooked up with someone who is highly skilled and experienced, but who enjoys taking new divers out for a really great experience. A strong buddy like this can be the difference between a great dive and one you would have been just as happy to skip. It's also a great way to meet some mentors, which will give you a wonderful leg-up on learning and practicing skills.

Just come find one of us and we'll hook you up. If you don't know who we are, just ask for the names and someone will send you that way. I've planned a few specific big buddy dives which were a fantastic opportunity for both the mentors and mentees. I'm also the product of two world-class mentors and want to pay forward what was freely given to me.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

spatman wrote:
hey! ya know what spatman....YOUR MOM GOES TO COLLEGE! there...ya...lol :80sdance:

Nah i used to live in the barracks...but in boot camp they make you put your name in ya undies. I got rid of the tighty whities a longggggg time ago
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Dashrynn wrote: Nah i used to live in the barracks...but in boot camp they make you put your name in ya undies. I got rid of the tighty whities a longggggg time ago
I'm having boot camp flash backs now... Thanks. I still wake up once in a blue moon late for duty, or reactivated, and dispatched to my squadron out on the Abe.

D(B)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Dashrynn wrote:
spatman wrote:
hey! ya know what spatman....YOUR MOM GOES TO COLLEGE! there...ya...lol :80sdance:

Nah i used to live in the barracks...but in boot camp they make you put your name in ya undies. I got rid of the tighty whities a longggggg time ago
... but you still have your name in your underoos. :wedgie:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Dashrynn wrote:hey! ya know what spatman....YOUR MOM GOES TO COLLEGE! there...ya...lol :80sdance:
actually, my mom was a college PROFESSOR and later went on to become DEAN of the college (that's like the principal, dash).

Dashrynn wrote:Nah i used to live in the barracks...but in boot camp they make you put your name in ya undies. I got rid of the tighty whities a longggggg time ago
ever since you switched over to thongs? how do you write your name on the stringy part?
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

spatman wrote: ever since you switched over to thongs? how do you write your name on the stringy part?
Label Maker tape.

D(B)
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

defied wrote:
spatman wrote: ever since you switched over to thongs? how do you write your name on the stringy part?
Label Maker tape.

D(B)
i would guess that's kinda scratchy?
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

spatman wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:hey! ya know what spatman....YOUR MOM GOES TO COLLEGE! there...ya...lol :80sdance:
actually, my mom was a college PROFESSOR and later went on to become DEAN of the college (that's like the principal, dash).

Dashrynn wrote:Nah i used to live in the barracks...but in boot camp they make you put your name in ya undies. I got rid of the tighty whities a longggggg time ago
ever since you switched over to thongs? how do you write your name on the stringy part?
actuially i do it with a micro sharpie, stays on longer.
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Dashrynn wrote: actuially i do it with a micro sharpie, stays on longer.
Military food, skid marks, and a thong.... Not a good visual...

D(B)
StanKeech
Frequent Bubbler

Post by StanKeech »

If i dont work i will be there and bringing a co-worker who hasnt dove in a few years. See everyone around 10:30 ish!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I mentioned the club dive to a friend and she mentioned that the group out of Edmonds UWS will be meeting at SWSP to dive at 10:30 so don't be too confused when there is a whole group of divers that doesn't get it when you introduce yourself by your alias. Turns out that they even gave the Cove II AED Project a mention in their Newsletter.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

renoun wrote:I mentioned the club dive to a friend and she mentioned that the group out of Edmonds UWS will be meeting at SWSP to dive at 10:30 so don't be too confused when there is a whole group of divers that doesn't get it when you introduce yourself by your alias. Turns out that they even gave the Cove II AED Project a mention in their Newsletter.
Wow...there is also a group from Moss Bay Dive Club that will be at SWSP tomorrow at 10:00 a.m., too. How big is the dive area, exactly? :)
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

lizard0924 wrote:
renoun wrote:I mentioned the club dive to a friend and she mentioned that the group out of Edmonds UWS will be meeting at SWSP to dive at 10:30 so don't be too confused when there is a whole group of divers that doesn't get it when you introduce yourself by your alias. Turns out that they even gave the Cove II AED Project a mention in their Newsletter.
Wow...there is also a group from Moss Bay Dive Club that will be at SWSP tomorrow at 10:00 a.m., too. How big is the dive area, exactly? :)

I think the dive area is pretty big. Parking on the other hand...
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Nwbrewer wrote:
lizard0924 wrote:

I think the dive area is pretty big. Parking on the other hand...
Well there are at least a hundred parking spots and I'm sure a lot of the people who live further away will be carpooling. I plan to be there at about 10:00. Unless I go diving today and need to get my tanks filled in the morning.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

We have a small gas grill that we can bring. Should we, or do the planners think there'll be enough to cook on already?
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

dwashbur wrote:We have a small gas grill that we can bring. Should we, or do the planners think there'll be enough to cook on already?
I think we should do a roll call like system to be fair...I will start.

Dashrynn(curtis) 48 weiners and buns to match. No buddy coming.

oh i will be there around 10ish. i need a dive buddy
Last edited by Dashrynn on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I think it's pretty cool they mentioned us and the Cove 2 AED project (which, by the way, is being shipped and should be here any day).
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Awesome, Sounder - was it Janna who said she could do an AED training, too? I can't remember - will that be a different day than the dedication, or were you going to combine the two?

Club dive - 2 divers, no grillables, arriving around 10:00 (along with the rest of the diving world, apparently)
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS