Cutting tables

General topics about technical diving.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Re: Cutting tables

Post by dsteding »

BDub wrote:I've stayed away from this conversation, deliberately.

However, I would like to add, without derailing the conversation, but it's something I think needs to be said, this isn't something that should be learned on the internet (this is directed more towards the lurkers) as R/D has a set of parameters, one of which is gas selection (backgas AND deco). I'll leave it at that.

Stepping off the soapbox now.....
Good points Brian.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

BDub wrote:I've stayed away from this conversation, deliberately.

However, I would like to add, without derailing the conversation, but it's something I think needs to be said, this isn't something that should be learned on the internet (this is directed more towards the lurkers) as R/D has a set of parameters, one of which is gas selection (backgas AND deco). I'll leave it at that.

Stepping off the soapbox now.....
Not to mention a whole crapload of deep stops that most software wouldn't show (although alot of people add a slower ascent or deeper sliding stops to a software generated profile). And then there's the logic behind a profile shape depending on what you're breathing. If you want to understand properly, AG will be teaching a seminar on it next month. Email me if you're interested I'll give you the skinny. I don't want to advertise someone else's stuff here.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'd highly recommend that ANYBODY who is curious about decompression -- even if you're a Ratio Deco skeptic -- do the seminar with Andrew. He starts with the history of decompression theory, goes through a bunch of different models, ends up describing Ratio Deco and going through examples. I found it an utterly fascinating day, even though I don't do mandatory decompression diving -- yet. Andrew's an articulate speaker and has a great grasp of his subject matter.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames