Tides Look Good Next Weekend...DIW/Sunrise?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Tides Look Good Next Weekend...DIW/Sunrise?

Post by kitsapdiver »

Hey all,

I'm looking for a guide on DIW or Sunrise next weekend. The tides look like they are going to cooperate, and since moving to the PNW I haven't been able to get on either of those walls. Next weekend looks like it will be a good opportunity. Anyone wanna show me the ropes.

Austin
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Diver_C
Amphibian

Re: Tides Look Good Next Weekend...DIW/Sunrise?

Post by Diver_C »

I'm up for it!!! Sunday morning at DIW is lookin' good. Might have to be late for work on Monday too... :supz:
P.S. For diving DIW, pay attention to the currents, not the tides. :biggrin:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Look at those currents on Monday! Looks like a good day for a day off.......
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

cardiver wrote:Look at those currents on Monday! Looks like a good day for a day off.......
OK I've been dry since 3-14 I'd love to dive with you on Sunday or Monday anytime DIW (never been) Titlow, Redondo, Les Davis, a bird bath. ANYWHERE! :bounce:

Can you smell the desperation in this posting?
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I'll be in Port townsend all next week divin, divin and more divin. :neener: :neener: :neener:
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

billandwende wrote:
cardiver wrote:Look at those currents on Monday! Looks like a good day for a day off.......
OK I've been dry since 3-14 I'd love to dive with you on Sunday or Monday anytime DIW (never been) Titlow, Redondo, Les Davis, a bird bath. ANYWHERE! :bounce:

You have a bird bath I can dive in??
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

Well I'm all about DIW. I'm available all day so let's do it at the best time for current which I understand to be about 10:40 splash time. If someone who is expeirenced at this site wants to suggest otherwise and offer to lead the charge (diver_c) I'm willing to change the time. So this is tentative and subject to change but let's plan on:

WHEN:10:40AM Sunday May 17
WHERE: Day Island Wall

WHO: At least me, billandwende, bassman, and diver_c and whoever else wants to come. When I get a PM from you I'll edit the post to add you to the list. Please indicate if you are familar with the site and willing to show us around or if you'll be doing your DIW maiden dive.
Last edited by kitsapdiver on Tue May 12, 2009 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

kitsapdiver wrote:Well I'm all about DIW. I'm available all day so let's do it at the best time for current which I understand to be about 10:40 splash time. If someone who is expeirenced at this site wants to suggest otherwise and offer to lead the charge (diver_c) I'm willing to change the time. So this is tentative and subject to change but let's plan on:

WHEN:10:40AM Sunday May 17
WHERE: Day Island Wall

WHO: At least me and whoever else wants to come. When I get a PM from you I'll edit the post to add you to the list. Please indicate if you are familar with the site and willing to show us around or if you'll be doing your DIW maiden dive.

I think your splash time would be better at around 11:00 am. on Sunday.
Hmmmm. I might be able to join you :dontknow:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

BASSMAN wrote: I might be able to join you :dontknow:

No way.. I might get to meet the board famous BASSMAN !!! :supz: :breakdance: \:D/

I am in. :grouphug:
Last edited by billandwende on Mon May 11, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

eliseaboo wrote:
billandwende wrote:

You have a bird bath I can dive in??
Its at the neighbors but if were quiet and don't park too close. :police:

BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

billandwende wrote:

No way.. I might get to meet the board famous BASSMAN !!! :supz: :breakdance: \:D/

I'm more about getting to see the Divebulance. Is it up and running? :bounce:
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

BASSMAN wrote:
billandwende wrote:

I'm more about getting to see the Divebulance. Is it up and running? :bounce:
Yes it should be. I replaced everything in the brake system except the pedal. Oh hell maybe it was the pedal. Ill get it ordered. :banghead:

Seriously it has all been replaced but not broken in yet. It will be there. :driving:

billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

E_mo just sent me a map and parking looks to be an issue. Are we going to run into hostile locals? :angry: :rocket: :snipersmiley: :pirate: :stick: :violent3: :zots: :tappingfoot: :naka:

BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

billandwende wrote:E_mo just sent me a map and parking looks to be an issue. Are we going to run into hostile locals? :angry: :rocket: :snipersmiley: :pirate: :stick: :violent3: :zots: :tappingfoot: :naka:
You only have to worry about the Inevitable "Angry Glare" you will get from Mr. Angry.
Other than "The Glare" he is harmless. Parking can be a problem there you just have to be creative and ready to walk down the street with gear on. Titlow makes for a great second dive and we can also car pool from there.
:supz:
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Based upon the two tide predictors I'm looking at, slack should be at DIW at 11:43, which usually means motoring out to the wall at 11:12 for 15 min commute, 15 minute dive down the wall before slack/current switch, then dive the other way, before going over the wall. Yes, parking is not plentiful, and quietness is appreciated by the locals. It's not an early dive, so Doug's Angry Old Man will probably not be on the prowl.

Rich
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

P.S., Jr. This dive can involve breathing a lot of gas and getting more exercise than normal, so it is advisable to wear something bigger than an AL80.
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

perhaps I'll meet up for dive 2 @ titlow. I have 4 HP 80s nothing more so if that wont work then I'll splash around the shallows. :bored: :roll:

BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hey Bill, If I decide to show, we can dive my 100's at DIW and then dive your 80's at Titlow (Max depth is about 40 fsw)

Just a thought.
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

I updated the WHO above. I will be wearing my doubles. I have two LP 108s I can lend out.
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

DIW is typically not a deep dive (max depth 80 or so), mostly around 50 for north wall, 50- 75 south wall. Current's the issue, also, a lot of up down within an 8 foot range due to looking into holes for octos and wolfies. I have 100s, too, someone can borrow.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Choices, Choices, gotta figure out weather Sunday will be DIW with you guys or Sunrise with Marker Buoy folks. Haven't been to either site but not humping my gear down a bluff has certain appeal. Anybody want to carpool from Seattle?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I'm game for this dive, I can bring along another N ender Diver to carpool with me .. Give me a PM I will leave at 830 or 9 to do the drive down..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

BASSMAN wrote:
billandwende wrote:E_mo just sent me a map and parking looks to be an issue. Are we going to run into hostile locals? :angry: :rocket: :snipersmiley: :pirate: :stick: :violent3: :zots: :tappingfoot: :naka:
You only have to worry about the Inevitable "Angry Glare" you will get from Mr. Angry.
Other than "The Glare" he is harmless. Parking can be a problem there you just have to be creative and ready to walk down the street with gear on. Titlow makes for a great second dive and we can also car pool from there.
:supz:

WE can meet at Titlow to carpool I have a truck people can throw their gear into the back of. Does anyone want to Meet at Titlow at 9:30 for a ride?

KD
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

kitsapdiver wrote:I updated the WHO above. I will be wearing my doubles. I have two LP 108s I can lend out.
If you guys don't mind another I will meet you at DI. I will also wear my doubles.

Bric
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I'll park at Titlow and carpool w/ someone who would maybe want to dive a second dive at Titlow!
I would prefer a tailgate to set up on. :highfive:

What time is our splash time now? 11:15 am?