July Club Dive?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Jenbowes
Amphibian

July Club Dive?

Post by Jenbowes »

This past weekend was my first time back in the water after a long long long .... long long long long .... (you get it) time, and Grateful Diver and I both agreed that a club dive would be SWELL and we both agreed that July would be even SWELLER, since
life and times are a'busy until then.

Penopoloypants? Cruise Director extraordinaire?

:partydance:
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Geek
Pelagic

Re: July Club Dive?

Post by Geek »

+1

And I vote for Redondo.... seems like we had a uber killer one there last time :)
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Oh...I could be persuaded. :)

Let me think about the dates. I'm out of town the weekend around the 4th, but the rest of the month I'm open.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

+1000000000000000
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Depending on how many people could make it on a Tuesday, we could have the club celebrate my birthday on the 20th :angelblue: :angelblue: :angelblue: :angelblue: :angelblue: :angelblue: :angelblue:
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Just FYI, DATC is the 15th-16th. While I hope lots of NWDC members participate in that, maybe another day would be better for a club dive.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

dwashbur wrote:Depending on how many people could make it on a Tuesday, we could have the club celebrate my birthday on the 20th :angelblue: :angelblue: :angelblue: :angelblue: :angelblue: :angelblue: :angelblue:
Tuesday? I could do Tuesday, I think.
Actually,Tues, Wed, Thurs, or Friday would work for me. :smt064

I've missed the last couple of club dives, because they happen to fall on a Saturday and that is right in the middle of my work week. :banghead:

+1 for Redondo! :supz:
:bounceline:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

I hoped the little angels would make it clear I was just clowning around when I suggested a Tuesday. At this point, any day of the week works for me, so I'll go with the majority and/or the club dive planners.
Dave

--
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

I vote for the weekends of July 9-10 or 30-31, because those are the only two I'm not already booked in July.

Is it just me, or do we (folks who live in the PNW) try to cram everything into July??? Sigh . . .
Kelly
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

July 9-10 is quite doable ... July 30-31, not so much unless y'all want to play pencil monkeys on the pilings again ... gotta check those tidal exchanges, yanno ...
ktb wrote:
Is it just me, or do we (folks who live in the PNW) try to cram everything into July??? Sigh . . .
Well ... that's the four week-ends when you can count on decent weather around here ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Salt Water State Park might be another good (different) option. Bit of a swim to the reef, but gives everyone a chance to work off Ppant's cake.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

ktb wrote:Is it just me, or do we (folks who live in the PNW) try to cram everything into July??? Sigh . . .
:banghead: :violent1: :help: :angry:

Story of my life... Of course with the weather July and August are the only months where it just might be above 50 degrees, although this year even that's not a guarantee... :toimonster:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
funkydiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by funkydiver »

July 9/10 & July 30/31 are the only 2 free on the Funk Family Calendar, so I think I can speak for both divers in Casa Funk when I vote for those.

funkydiver
Growing old is mandatory... Growing up is optional
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I vote for July 9-10 ... and someplace besides Redondo.

I also think Saltwater SP might be a good choice ... it's been two years since we were there last, and those reefs should have some good life on 'em by now.

Another possibility would be Alki Pipeline. It's an interesting dive, and there's usually places to park nearby ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Redondo is always good, but if we want to do someplace different and it's between Saltwater and the pipeline, I'd vote for Saltwater just because it has more parking. But again, I'll go with the majority.
Dave

--
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Redondo is good and easy... If it's a day with a fairly flat exchange Saltwater would be very cool!

My only plea is for a Saturday....
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Okay, Saturday July 9th, at Redondo!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

If I could request a Sunday club dive some day, that would ROCK!!! I fear that I may be the only Saturday worker so my request probably doesnt pull much weight, but a Sunday club dive, one of these times, would be great.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

What? A club dive, you say? I might just dust off the drysuit for this event. :)
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Yer not the only one who work's Saturday's Rick... I too work most of them... Perhaps We could do more than one Club dive and one of them could be on a Sunday??? :angelblue:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I vote for sunday... With scooters
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

I could be talked into a Saturday, and Sunday Club Dive. I mean dang I have to dive two days in the same weekend. That's a great problem to have.

July 9th should be good for me.
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
coach_izzy
Avid Diver

Post by coach_izzy »

Saturday sounds good but I'm game either day
Coach Izzy
Scuba Diving Fitness
"A fit diver is a safer diver and a better buddy"
In Pain?