Edmonds Oil Dock

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Edmonds Oil Dock

Post by Jeremy »

I know the Edmonds Oil Dock was once a great dive site until all the pilings were pulled. Does anyone know what the site looks like today? Totally barren? Or worth diving?

Thanks
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Re: Edmonds Oil Dock

Post by dwashbur »

Totally barren and devoid of life. This is called "improving the environment."
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Its all sand now, and stumps.. But if you drop down the slope there its still stuff there..at 70 feet there is a large rock reef that they dumped.. Still a dive site
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

dwashbur wrote:Totally barren and devoid of life. This is called "improving the environment."
No ... it's called "improving the view for those expensive townhouses on top of the hill" ... that was totally a developer's reward, probably for a large campaign donation ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Grateful Diver wrote:
dwashbur wrote:Totally barren and devoid of life. This is called "improving the environment."
No ... it's called "improving the view for those expensive townhouses on top of the hill" ... that was totally a developer's reward, probably for a large campaign donation ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I stand corrected.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Grateful Diver wrote:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Actually it was removed to make way for the relocation of the ferry dock, which is still a long way off. So the view from the old tank farm (kudos for any developer taking an old tank farm and cleaning it up to residential standards) won't be that way forever.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
fnerg
Dive-aholic

Post by fnerg »

I wanna know more about this reef at 70 feet. Is it Saltwater state park sized? Alki fishing reef sized, or smaller than either of those?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I miss the gorgeous light that used to filter down through the pilings that were covered in life there. Even the long swim back under the dock used to be real nice. It's a shame the site is gone.
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

Tangfish wrote:I miss the gorgeous light that used to filter down through the pilings that were covered in life there. Even the long swim back under the dock used to be real nice. It's a shame the site is gone.
Ditto.
Jenn