mukilteo this weekend (july 29/30)

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

mukilteo this weekend (july 29/30)

Post by thelawgoddess »

from the "Octo Wednesday???" thread:
Diver_C wrote:I, and three others are diving Mukilteo T-Dock at 8:30 a.m., Sunday the 30th.
someone else said they are always up for mukilteo and that i should maybe start a thread if i was interested, so here it is ....

i'm a total newb and i haven't done any dives since my ow certs (weekend before last). i will need to be babied a bit insofar as i:

1) am still learning to control my bouyancy,
2) am renting most of my gear,
3) get cold quickly,
4) don't know you yet,
5) don't swim very fast, and
6) won't want to go very deep (mostly due to number 1).

but i do want to get in the water, swim around and see some creatures, and have a good time. :-)
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

some of the best dives i've been on were shallow dives. you dont have to go deep to see all the fun creatures, and if you swim too fast you'll swim right over them! I'm willing to go out on a dive with you sometime. i cant make it to this weekend as i have plans but we'll do it sometime.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Diving

Post by Scubak »

LG...
Anytime you want to go diving give a shout!!!
Heck, even if you are a newbee, I can still take you out...to dive...
I and my buddies try and dive almost every night of the week and on weekends...so let me know.
Kirsten
Scubak@comcast.net
"Let's go diving!"
epuffy
Just Settling In

Post by epuffy »

Hey LG, I'm down to dive sometime too. Last weekend at Edmonds we were only about 20 feet down and there was plenty of neat stuff around to look at. Lots of big Ling Cods a few feet long too.

Just dove at Alki tonight w/ Calvin and the crew, and at 60ft+ it gets pretty cold. haha
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

well, i know i started this thread, but i am coming to the sad realization that i can't really dive this weekend. i have a big test on monday and really need to spend all weekend preparing for it. :-( i actually talked to my boss this morning and am going to use a precious vacation day tomorrow to study for it as well. :-(

but ... next weekend, i am totally free (and my buddy is still out of town), so if anybody wants to dive with me next weekend i would love to plan for that! :-)
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Mukilteo dives

Post by Nwbrewer »

LG,

I'm usually up for afternoon dives at Mukilteo if you're interested in that. If you time it on a high slack the area off the restrooms is in ~15 feet of water, and the eel grass and kelp there is crawling with really cool stuff to see from crabs to eels. Doing shallow dives always gives good bottom times too. Let me know if you'd like to try and get down there for an evening next week.

Jake
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I'm in for next weekend. Make a post.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

LG,
Are you a Dive tease? :bootyshake:
(Is there such a thing?)

And about your number 1,