Club dive weekend

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Club dive weekend

Post by eliseaboo »

Hey all,

So I'm thinking of taking a full weekend and attending the club dive on the 28th, and then another event on the 29th in Tacoma. Since it's a bit of a drive for me from Orcas, and gas plus the ferry is costly, can anyone recommend a good place to stay in the area? Cheap is good, I'm an educator... :thumbsup:

Thanks!
Elise :fish:
oregondiver
Submariner

Re: Club dive weekend

Post by oregondiver »

Hey Elise, I might try to stay up there too if it turns out I can dive all weekend (the incentive is that I can offer my husband a full weekend of kayaking without me!). Keep me in the loop?
shell
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I would normally offer up my house, but I think my non-diving wife would have something to say about that :tappingfoot:

There is a Motel 6 near the Airport that offers a 49.00/night. :dontknow:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Since the club dive is at Redondo in DesMoines (google Saltys restaurant, DesMoines) and it is right down the hill from a major highway (I-5) interchange, google hotels in federal Way...
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1& ... sults&cd=1
Here's what I found.
Hope this helps
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Dive 4 God
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Dive 4 God »

The only thing I have to say is that area of Pac Hwy is a high crime area so you may want to stay down in the Kent Valley vs. up on the West Hill since you will have your dive gear with you in the car......closer to the airport would be better than right there on Pac Hwy also....Just a thought!

-Trish
--Trish
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Dive 4 God wrote:The only thing I have to say is that area of Pac Hwy is a high crime area so you may want to stay down in the Kent Valley vs. up on the West Hill since you will have your dive gear with you in the car......closer to the airport would be better than right there on Pac Hwy also....Just a thought!

-Trish
No joke. My wife used to live in an apartment complex right there off Pac hwy, one night I'm watching 'Cops', "Hey, that's right outside!" Not cool.... :police:
Aquadoc
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Aquadoc »

Dive 4 God wrote:The only thing I have to say is that area of Pac Hwy is a high crime area so you may want to stay down in the Kent Valley vs. up on the West Hill since you will have your dive gear with you in the car......closer to the airport would be better than right there on Pac Hwy also....Just a thought!

-Trish
Good call My Sis lives on 160th and has some stories :yipes:
Cowards never start...The weak never finish Less than 1% enough said.
For every beautiful woman out there, there is a man completely fed up with her sh#!1!